Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Song and Sanctuary. [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

Song and Sanctuary. [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 am

Faint footsteps heard through the vacant alleys of Sunagakure no Sato, avoiding the streets filled with busy residences of the village. Sunset, the sky painted of pastels, and clouds steadily riding the wind. Time took its toll as many returned to their families after a long day in the sun and heat, though the temperature was slowly but surely cooling now. Approaching her usual spot, she carefully climbed the small and abandoned building. When she reached the top, she sat on its ledge, looking off into the distant crimson sun. Although the scenery of the desert was plain, she loved watching the sunset, and star gazing at night. Her lips took a crooked smile, as the beautiful sight inspired her so. She reached into her holster, and brought out her treasured instrument, Melodia. Eyes lit up as the surrounding color reflected off the ocarina, and she brought it to her mouth.

A deep breath, her eyes closed and song began. A string of simple notes, creating a magical tune. Finger movements were precise, and the sound crystal clear. This was obviously not proper practice, but her free time, playing whatever came to mind. Although completely random, everything fell together smoothly, as if she were reading sheet music. The sound was soothing, and not exactly loud enough to disturb anyone, though everyone around those parts knew Aria and her evening instrumental solos, and didn't mind at all. The light breeze caressed her face, brushing her hair aside, and carrying the tranquil notes into the distance.

By the time she stopped playing, the sun was nearly completely set. Her surroundings darkened, taking on purples and dark blues, and it was the stars' time to come out and play. Aria opened her emerald eyes, gazing at the sky as beams of twilight met her fair face. She put her ocarina back in its place with a satisfied sigh, and stared off into the night. All was calm, all was quiet. She felt at peace; this was her sanctuary...
Back to top Go down
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:57 pm

Benjamin had gone for a walk. He had just finished training and was out to find some miscellaneous entertainment. Normally he would sit somewhere and relax, ignoring his sorroundings entirely. Today was different, as every day seems to be. Today, he took himself for to dinner and went out for a stroll around the city. He didn't know anyone particularly well enough to bother at this late time, however he had at a point intended to find someone to kick back with. He headed in various directions around the city, having no established destination. The day was ending swiftly, the sun began to set over the mountainous horizon. There was little for him to do anymore, since his graduation from the academy. Awaiting a team still by whoever apoints teams, he randomly trained and slept most of everyday.

Wandering through an alley, he heard a sound. This sound was not like that of a cat digging through the dumpster, or a bird chirping an irritating tone. This sound was different, it was mesmerizing. He had yet to hear anything of the sorts, tho he did enjoy the sound of music as much as the sound of silence. Looking up, he saw a girl sitting on a ledge with an abnormally used instrument. An ocarina. His nerves told him he shouldn't, however his excessivly curious nature forced him to investiagate whomever the girl was. He figured it was more polite to be sneaky instead of interupting her melody. He would wait in the back until she was done, then approach with an applause. Or atleast that was the plan. Moving to the back side of the building, he did some fancy shmancy jumpy moves and grasped the ledge on the opposite side of the building. As was his objective he did it quietly. He sat down, without a sound, as not to intterupt her playing. Waiting patiently, he enjoyed the sunset.

He was lost in time. Unaware of the passing of anything. All he knew was the melody which seemed to blend itself with the sunset, until the stars appeared. He looked down at her as she stopped playing and stood. Clapping lightly, he approached cautiously.
"I hope you don't mind, there isn't much to do around here. Figured i'd provide an audience." he said with a light smile.
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 1:44 am

She was so relaxed, so lost in thought, awareness of her surroundings diminished. So when the sudden clapping came from behind, she couldn't help but be startled. Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest, and she grasped the edge of the building tightly, in fear that the scare might throw off her balance. Inhaling a deep breath, and exhaling, she let on a nervous smile. She turned her head, so she could speak to him face to face. Despite the sudden surprise, manners were still important. Eyes gentle and kind, she spoke. "I don't mind at all." she stated in response, "Thank you, for the applause."

Aria stared off a moment, then turned her head back to its original position, in thought once more. She wasn't the best with conversation, but she didn't want to be rude. "So...uhm.." she continued, "What brings you to these parts on such a pleasant evening..?" It was awkward talking to a stranger, and although he looked around her age, he didn't exactly look familiar. Then again, she didn't really pay much attention to others her age. Aria was always concentrating on learning, and when she did have free time, she pefered solitude. It wasn't that she didn't like people, or making friends, she was just easily entertained, even by her lonesome. Occasionally, she did hang out with other children, but they usually consisted of her elder brother's friends. Cale was quite popular, so he had many friends.

Waking from her scattered thoughts, she looked back at the young man again. "I'm Aria Ongaku, by the way." she introduced herself, "Mind me asking your name?" A small smile placed itself upon her lips. The thought of befriending someone didn't seem to be such a bad idea, and this boy who found her didn't seem to be so bad...
Back to top Go down
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 2:13 am

Benjamin smiled lightly when he spooked her. It wasn't that he was entertained that she was afraid, it was that he tried not to scare her and failed. That was easier said then done, there realy was no way to not spook someone when approaching from an unknown. He looked her in the eyes as she stood. He hadn't expected her to be around his age, based on the sounds, but her appearance was firmiliar. He had seen her in the academy before, Am.. Al.. As... Ar... Aria... the thoughts ran through his head as he put a name to the face. He knew it started with an A, the rest wasn't certain. He stood where he was and nodded lightly when she thanked him for the applause.

As he had come here for no reason, when she asked him what brought him to this part of town, he wasn't particularly prepared to awnser. There was nothing in this town, the fact that people could actually stand in one place was slightly abnormal to him. All there was, was people, food, and more people. A boring setup, especially when the only thing to do was play in the sand box his country was. Tho training did manage to keep some of the boredom away, there was no doubt that if he didn't get on a team soon, he would explode from sheer lack of enjoyment. He smiled lightly and responded, "Your music brought me here. Im not exactly sure how, but for some reason I walked across town and ended up here."

He wasn't particularly open to giving his name to random people, however she did provide hers first. To be polite he responded, "My name is Benjamin. My last name isn't realy that important." he said the last part with a light laugh, to cover up his cover up. He let his hands drift to his sides and slowly enter his pockets. He was enthusiastic about meeting new people, only his lightly paranoid nature kept him from permitting too much about himself to those he meets.
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 2:40 am

When he stated that her music had drawn him to their current position, it amused her a little. Although she didn't play her instrument loudly, it was audible to anyone within the area, but she never really expected anyone to approach her about it, unless it was complaints about the noise at such an hour. Her eyes met his, she spoke directly now. "Oh, I see..." she thought aloud, "I never really thought it would attract much positive attention, if anything, irritated villagers." She rubbed the back of her head, laughing lightly for a moment. The boy seemed friendly enough, and apparently her music interested him a little. Aria hadn't met many others interested in music, and those she did, were from her clan. The majority of those her age were too focused on becoming dedicated ninja, protecting their village and those they loved. It wasn't that she wasn't a dedicated kunoichi herself, but she had other interests too.

She nodded as he spoke, and bowed her head after his introduction. "A pleasure to meet you, Benjamin." she replied politely, "Thank you, for giving me your name. I can address you properly now." Her eyes closed in a gleeful manner, nodding once more. Aria turned back around, hands clasped behind her back, opening her eyes to stare at the sky again. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" she stated, "It's almost unreal, compared to the usual scenery around here. That's one positive to this village, the skies are clear enough most the time, so we can see the stars more clearly than most. Her eyes squinted as she looked off into space, but her calm expression remained...
Back to top Go down
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:06 am

Benjamin did come here for the music, tho it wasn't one of his favorite things, he definately enjoyed it. He enjoyed unique and interesting topics, music was one of those on his list. He looked down at his shoes, they were scuffed from jumping onto the building. He would have to fix that, especially if he was to enter a new team. Can't go around with scuffed shoes, especially his favorite shoes. Tho his only shoes. He nodded when she spoke, it sounded as if she was degrading her own music. The way she stated how she didn't except anyone to catch interest, unless it was negative attention made it seem like she didn't think her music was as fantastic as it was. It was one of those things where people who can, know the true sound of the music, what it should sound like, and thus can point out the flaws. Like the piano, or other insturments, those who can play it, know the impressed expression comes from those who cannot play it. He couldn't play her instrument, and thus was mesmerized. Tho to him it was beautiful, to others who play it, maybe it wasn't. So her reasoning on doubting herself was solid, but unacceptable to him. "What are you talking about, the way you played was absolutly beautiful. There isn't a single sane person who would ask you to stop playing.." he said raising his chin slightly.

She accepted only his first name, which pleased him. He didn't know her, she didn't know him, so whether or not she needed his full name wasn't yet important. However he had an odd feeling about her, not a feeling of low, but a feeling of high. As if they would inevitably become very good friends. "Not a problem, I appreciate the gesture of recieving your full name. Im sorry I didn't give mine, im not exactly a trusting person. Not to say you aren't trustworthy, but you understand." he said shrugging his shoulders with a smile. When Aria turned around, he smiled. She was an intriguing individual. Appearing to go with what he likes as well, the calming locations. Stars, sunsets, the beauty of the world. "Yes, that would be what I do with most of my time. I enjoy that which occurs everyday and is overlooked. I enjoy the true beauty of the land." he said sitting down, leaning against the edge rail. He had one knee raised in a reverse V and the other extended out. His right arm curved across the raised leg while his other sat in his lap. Looking over to her, then to the stars, he wasn't sure what to think.
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:55 am

When Benjamin spoke up, opposing her previous statement, her expression showed that of shock. She certainly didn't expect that, turning her head to glance at him once more. A crooked smile took her face once more, though she questioned whether or not to reply to his statement. ".. Thank you." she responded equally grateful as she was surprised. He seemed so sure of his statement, but her music wasn't that impressive, she had much to learn still. However, she accepted his words, and strayed from arguing the topic, and further stating her opinion. Aria simply smiled, and let it go. The more this Benjamin spoke, the more he sounded familiar. She had heard his voice before, and assumed that it was likely at the academy. And the more she thought about it, the more pieces she put together. It was quite possible that he was in her class, but she couldn't be sure. She didn't pay much attention to people, and when she thought of it, sometimes she wish she had. The past was the past though, she could only move on and try to make friends now, and in the future. She almost asked if he did happen to be in one of her past classes, but left her thoughts at that.

Ears listened closely as he spoke again, thanking her for giving her full name, and apologizng for not providing his last name. "Oh..." she replied in a soft voice, "I understand, it's fine. A first name is all I need." Aria observed him as he walked passed her, toward the ledge. She listened carefully to his words again, watching as he sat down in a peculiar, but assumed comfortable position. Unsure of whether she should do the same, she settled on sitting a few feet away from where he was seated. She pulled her legs up this time, instead of dangling them over the building as she did earlier. Hugging her knees, she stared at the stars, connecting the constillations in her mind. "I know what you mean." she finally stated in response, "It's the little things.." She closed her eyes a moment more, the small breeze cooling her face, and refreshing her spirits...
Back to top Go down
Cirrus

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Benjamin glanced over to her as she sat. Slowly looking back to the stars. It was strange how the world worked. Sitting under the stars with a stranger didn't particularly seem like a good idea this morning, however now there could be no other way to end the night. His head drifted down, looking at the hand that rested on his lap. He moved his thumb around, then his hand while thinking. '.. I need to leave.. There is much I haven't done yet..' he looked back over to Aria, tilting his head slightly. He was remembering her, it was his way of making an attempt. Looking at the ledge before him, he stood. Glancing down at Aria he spoke, "I have to go.. There are a few things I hadn't done before I got here.. It was nice meeting you.." he smiled, before taking a leap off the building. He caught the roof of the underlying building which extended out as most of the buildings in their culture. Proceeding towards the forest, with no intentions of leaving, he went alone into the darkness. He would meet her again soon, that he was sure, she was in the same village as him. This night however, he could socialize no more. Taking the path least traveled, he approached nowhere..
Back to top Go down
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Fαταl Aττrαcτioη ♥

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 12:18 pm

A sound of shifting movement, and her eyes opened, glancing over to Benjamin. He was fiddling with his thumb and hand, looking down in what seemed like deep thought. Then he suddenly rised from his sitting position, standing with a polite yet abrupt goodbye. "It was nice meeting you as well, I hope to see you around. A familiar face is always nice." she replied with a small smile of her own, "Have a good night.." Before she could completely finish, he had already jumped to the roof of the building below, and went his seperate way. Aria just sat and watched for a moment, until he was out of sight. Then with a peaceful sigh, she directed her attention back to the starry night sky...

[End of Topic]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Song and Sanctuary. [Open]   Song and Sanctuary. [Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Song and Sanctuary. [Open]
Page 1 of 1