Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)

Go down 
+6
Jiro
.Death Angel
Kibaka
Absolute Greed.
~Deadwood Zen~
L
10 posters
AuthorMessage
L

L

Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) Empty
PostSubject: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:27 am

Ok...I'm tired of people saying in their posts that water conducts electricity. Water is a poor conductor of electricity. The only way people get electrocuted while in baths is because the water has soap. Soap contains Fats and almost always, lye (sodium hydroxide), which is an EXCELLENT conductor of electricity. Also note that salt and fresh water conducts a very little electricity while purified water doesn't at all. Also note that most jutsu uses usually a pure water that is created, or some water source is used. So to all of those Raiton people out there that think that they can counter water...bad news, you can't, unless the opponents jutsu has soap in it which would be very wierd. >.> I myself being a lightning person can say that in a battle... water vs lightning... it's fair game Smile
Back to top Go down
~Deadwood Zen~
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
~Deadwood Zen~

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyThu May 07, 2009 9:35 am

I actually asked my Science teacher(whos my Math Teacher as well) about this before reading this. He said if a bolt of lighting struck the ocean, only the fishes within under a foot of the bolt would feel it; the whole ocean wouldnt go up in electricity like most people think. So yes, L youre right ^^
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:40 am

Indeed. Water itself is not very conductive. However, Water that is saturated with salt is a very good conductor. This is why the order of weaknesses is not lightning-->electricity
Back to top Go down
Kibaka
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Kibaka

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:01 pm

lol, yeah.

Me and my dad were having a discussion about this a few years ago. Everything conducts electricity, but you just need enough of it Razz lol. *wishes there was a simley of an electrocuted cat here*

Here's a thought, maybe chakra conducts electricity XD
e.e yes I AM kidding
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:00 pm

XD Well, I was a tad wrong, NaCl, table salt is not a very good conductor. However, Benzoyl Chloride, is a very good conductor when saturated in water!
Back to top Go down
.Death Angel
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
.Death Angel

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Okay.... >>

From elemental weaknesses like lightning and water. Water is weak against lightning and earth. Earth is weak against lightning and Wind. And this cycle keeps going and going. Even for combined elements. It depends on HOW you use the electricity of the lightning and how you can use it. I am a Raiton master, and i have mainly a couple hundred ways i can use them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptySat May 09, 2009 9:27 pm

Regardless, the point remains that water is not very conductive at all. For instance, if lightning strikes a lake, only the fish within a foot from the surface will die, and only those within 5 feet of that will feel anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Jiro
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Jiro

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:50 pm

Near has done a good job. As far as elemental weakness goes:

Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) FiveBasicElements

Elements are only weak in an effective sense against the respective element. Water is weak againt earth not lightning. Elemental superiority may not seem realistic at times but you need to suspend logic in naruto sometimes
Back to top Go down
Kibaka
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Kibaka

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyTue May 19, 2009 3:39 pm

sometimes?!

try always! lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyMon May 25, 2009 3:54 am

Actually, all of these make sense, if you delve into a deeper level of thinking.
Back to top Go down
Kessen Kaitou

Kessen Kaitou

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyTue May 26, 2009 1:21 pm

^_^

Water = weakness against Earth
Lightning = Strong against Earth

But! the lightning element isn't as effective to earth as to water.

But! again! pure water is useless (not quite) to lightning.

XD! Razz

My opinion.
Back to top Go down
Nagori
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Nagori

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyTue May 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Water conducts Lightning, it isn't weak against it. Simply put, it will conduct but water isn't weak against it. Lightning is more effective against earth due to the lightning breaking earth. And as we have seen in the anime/manga, it doesn't matter what the element is within, the elemental rules apply.
Back to top Go down
~Deadwood Zen~
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
~Deadwood Zen~

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyTue May 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Earth = Strongest against Water
Lightning = Stronger then most elements, but not as strong as Earth against Water
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptyWed May 27, 2009 3:21 am

Water conducts electricity...but not very well, as we've already stated.
Back to top Go down
Brock
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptySat May 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Awesome, lol.

More info on electricity...

~Brok~
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Archived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)   Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning) Empty

Back to top Go down

Something about elemental weaknesses...(water to lightning)
Page 1 of 1