Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying rule number 9

Go down 
+8
!~Emi~!
Blaize
Absolute Greed.
DarkChaosPriestess
Brian
Adam
Aaron
Jouchi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jouchi
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Jouchi

Roleplaying rule number 9 Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:26 pm

rule 9 wrote:
People can only post in one place at a time. We cannot have one person fighting three different people at the same time for if that person died it screws up. People found doing this will have the topic deleted. If you repeat this you may get a short ban from role playing. If you ignore this you will get a one day ban from the site.

I respect the rule but I don't like it. It's good that there is an explanation for the rule so I know why it is there.
I think we should be allowed to post in multiple topics if there is only one where you risk to die.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Rules are rules.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 pm

Okay, example Pak.

Your ate the Ramen bar with Aaron, eating some Ramen and your versing me in a deathmatch in another thread.

I kill you and that means your dead and need to make a new character. You automatically screw up your topic with Aaron because you are dead and can't roleplay anymore. So it's crap.

To avoid such complaints we have opened an OFFRPG Area, so you can have multiple spars and it doesn't effect the life of your character, you can die and in rpg, your not dead.

We are also maybe allowing second characters, its being talked about in the Admin Lounge (nobody nag me about this please)

So the rule will remain a rule, sorry if you dislike it.
Back to top Go down
Aaron
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Aaron

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:19 pm

Wohoo, I was used as an example! :3

Thanks Adam.
Back to top Go down
Jouchi
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Jouchi

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 6:22 pm

Not sure how they are "screwed". You just finish them proffesionally and don't make any plans for the future.
Back to top Go down
Brian

Brian

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:29 pm

The point is that it will be confusing. And it will be harder to keep track off. If that's the rule. It was because it was made to keep things easier and more organized.
Back to top Go down
DarkChaosPriestess
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
DarkChaosPriestess

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:17 am

*sighs*

Ok... the point about having multiple topics isn't to complicate things. It's about activity.

I'm going to use an example....

I post two topics with one that says [No Death]. If the first [posted before the other one, not affecting it due to context, content, and no death] is a simple social topic, then shouldn't the second be allowed regardless? The first would be played out normally. Even if the death occurs in the Second, it does not affect the first. And, since death isn't in the first, it doesn't affect the second. Thus... you can see the logic there.

I realize that I'm pushing the envelope of the rules, but the objective of the rule is not broken by the example. If you could at least consider the logic of the above example, then it would definitely be good. ^^
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 7:01 am

I agree completely DCP, and have always thought the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Blaize
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Blaize

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:55 pm

i agree with dcp as well.
There should be that acception to that rule. If not then is there another alternitive.

Example
if we have a social section in the off rpg section. then can we have it so it can be made to an inchar topic after the characters involved are done with the main topic they were in.

example
Blaize heads off to a mission as his main topic
Paks. At this time is just havint her meeting in her main topic

OFFRPG
Blaize and paks meet each other in the hospital due to an event before the squad selections were established. For social means only and almost if not 100 percent means of not getting one injured.

THEN
Blaize finished mission
Paks finished meeting

OFFTOPIC
Blaize and paks finished the visit at the hospital.

Then can the offtopic can be concidered in topic since both blaize and paks are still alive?

i dont know im just throwing ideas in.

also excuse the confusion and spelling im on mobile so dont kill me.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 11:42 pm

thats a good idea, if they survive the mission, the offrp topic becomes Inrp. if not, it's offrp and doesn't matter
Back to top Go down
!~Emi~!
Academy Student
Academy Student
!~Emi~!

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:18 am

*deep breath*
Okay I am going to put my opinion in it. I respect your rules Adam and you, but this rule isn't really fair. I think the people who are in a deathmatch shouldn't be in another topic and should only be in that topic. But for the people who are just in hangin out topics or just gentle spars should be allowed to be in multiple topics. Now, I am just stating my opinion, not trying to start something big, just stating opinion. If you do not like my opinion (meaning anyone), please do not yell at me or even worse (I know you wouldn't do that Adam, you always have an explanation), If I have gone to far I understand, but plase just take it under consideration.
~Emi~
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:39 am

you haven't gone too far at all emi, no need to get defensive. =]
Back to top Go down
Paksennarion
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Paksennarion

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:06 am

Hms... The rule of not being in another topic if you're in a serious one makes a whole lotta sense as sites where you're allowed in more than one topic tend to have weird issues with time lines and continuity. Generally, if a site has a strict one topic no matter what rule, it is sort of fun because it makes things more focused and serious, however Naruto sites tend to crop up a lot of just social topics, where there is no threat or bodily harm or really anything that changes the storyline other than relationships. And in that case, I think it makes sense to allow people to be in another topic so long as they know for a fact it will not result in anything major. You really generally know for a fact before you join a topic if you're intending to fight or not, so there shouldn't be any excuses over the whole, well I didn't know stuffs.

'Cause it's really annoying to have that odd discontinuity, where you suddenly realize that someone should be dead and you're in the middle of a conversation with them. XP
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:20 am

See, thats why the off RP idea makes perfect sense =]
Back to top Go down
Giera
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin
Giera

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:13 pm

The Off RP idea is creative, but theres still some work to be done.
The idea makes it risk free to go on deadly and hard missions. If you die, you simply can just shrug it of your shoulders, and try again. that is a problem, i think, but its a good idea to start with, maybe it just need to be developed.
Back to top Go down
Brian

Brian

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:24 am

The Off topic area, is not to go on missions, is just a way to have fun other than actually Role Playing for real. This is to have fun, and do something else that is not related to the real topic in which people is in. This is basically to challenge other people to fight against you and prove yourself if you're better than the other person..
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 am

Uh yeah giera.. missions arent offrpg. they're on rp.
Back to top Go down
Blaize
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Blaize

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:02 am

So is that a good idea I'm suggesting?

Go to offtopic rp. And if the users survive the main topic there in then the off rp will be concidered in slrp? This is mainly focusing on social meeting and topics which produce no harm physicaly.

This idea is to become a more sutible place were users get to know each other more. Increasing friendship and useablility on this site. It is something to help this site grow. And to be a multi-tasked.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:15 am

No thats not right.

I could spar you in offrpg Blaize, i beat you we both live, so it becomes in rp. That makes no sense being that we are from other villages.
Back to top Go down
Blaize
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Blaize

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 9:28 am

not what i meant. Of course there are exceptions to the rule.

The exception was not made for spars. The spars are offtopic this suggestion i had only takes in effect of

Social topics from people in the same village. For knowledge and be in tune with more villagers from the same village.

Like i had with the example with Paks

this could be looked as something like

Choji and Shikamaru

Before reaching genin they got a chance to know each other.

ino sakura
Made there rivalry for sasuke before they reached genin.

The examples i mean are to use that shinobi knew each other and could meet each other outside the realms of missions, academy.

If we keep the one rule then we can only know shinobi from our villages during missions. If we have a storyline topic then we cant do a mission until the topic is done.

Thats why having a second rp in the offtopic section is a good idea.

If our main goes to take a mission and survives and leaves on

while the off rp would be a social like going to the greenhouse drinking tea whatever.

If the main character from both main survive then the off topic would be moved to intopic.

Are you sorta getting my idea.

Im not wanting to change spars i just want to increase activity for shinobi in here, in their village, and to be able to do two things at once while making sure one dose not contradict with each other.

Last edited by Blaize on Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 5:14 pm

I love the idea. because the one topic at a time really slows down inrp progress.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 7:41 pm

I don't like the idea of moving an offrpg topic into rp. What I don't mind is the idea to allow two threads per character, as long as one of them would be a social thread.

So I could be in my social roleplay with Jiro and at the same time be sparing with Pat. If death would occur, staff could deal with it accordingly, but the rules would have to be looked at. You are only allowed one topic if for example you were traveling. You cannot have a social roleplay back at the village and at the same time be heading to Kumo for a village, if you catch my drift. But allowing the second social roleplay will broaden the consistency of roleplaying and let more shinobi meet with other shinobi quicker.

*scratches chin*

So, now the question would be how to perfect this rule.
Back to top Go down
Caranore
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Caranore

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Well, if your sparring, or in a DM, and at the same time in a social thread, just establish near the end of the social that you HEAD to the DM or spar.

SO basically, make the social like a prolouge before the spar. This way if you die in the DM, it wont affect the social thread, as that occurs BEFORE the match
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:46 am

It's simple adam. You must establish a time number, either 1 or two.

When you start something, you assign it either 1 or 2.

So I start a social thread, and call it 1.

then I start a DM and call it two.

I die in the DM, but technically, the social thread occured before the Deathmatch.

If I finished the social thread, I'd have to finish the death match before I could start another group of 2. I think that about solves it.
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:48 am

If your in a inrpg deathmatch, you shouldn't be allowed a social thread, being that theres a 50% percent chance you will die.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying rule number 9   Roleplaying rule number 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying rule number 9
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next