Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals

Go down 
+6
.Death Angel
Senkou
Alernik
~Deadwood Zen~
Medusa
Python
10 posters

Are the medals a good idea?
Yes
POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals Vote_lcap70%POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals Vote_rcap
 70% [ 14 ]
No
POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals Vote_lcap30%POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals Vote_rcap
 30% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
Python
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Python

POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals Empty
PostSubject: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 4:18 am

Do you think that the medals are a good idea? Vote! Post your opinion, yes or no, and say why. Whatever you post, you give us permission to use in the newspaper. You won't be discriminated against or hated on and you will get credit for what you say. VOTE VOTE AND POST POST! =]

Newspaper staff, please don't vote. =]
Back to top Go down
Python
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Python

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Guys! Vote! This is important
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 8:49 pm

Yeah, they're encouraging activity. So sure, they are a good thing.
Back to top Go down
~Deadwood Zen~
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
~Deadwood Zen~

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 8:56 pm

This isnt something that should be taken up with the members. If you want to know their opinion, i guess you can do this, but in the end its the Admins decision. If you want this to seriously happen, hit up Hugh on it.
Back to top Go down
Python
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Python

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 9:08 pm

I'm trying to see what the members think about them, not just what the staff feels =] (i don't know if that sounded disrespectful, but I'm sorry if it did and I didn't mean it to sound disrespectful.)
Back to top Go down
Alernik

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:16 am

Where do i subscribe to be a newspaper staff?
Back to top Go down
Senkou
Akatsuki Leader
Akatsuki Leader
Senkou

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:39 am

not at all monty, its good to know the members oppinion. I just wana know who said no???
Back to top Go down
Alernik

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:18 am

I said no.
Back to top Go down
Senkou
Akatsuki Leader
Akatsuki Leader
Senkou

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:32 am

any reason why?
Back to top Go down
Python
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Python

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:45 am

It would be nice for you guys to write your opinions. It will make writing this bad boy easier. =]

Ini, you and I will speak. =]
Back to top Go down
Alernik

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:46 am

ok.
Back to top Go down
.Death Angel
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
.Death Angel

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:08 am

Yes. :3
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:22 am

I love the medals.

But remember, though it woul be nice for you guys to state your oppinion, your vote can remain confidential, if you do so wish. Just remember you have the right =]
Back to top Go down
Python
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Python

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 5:36 am

Ok...I'm going to write the article now. It's going to be mostly about my own opinion seeing as I have very little to work with....
Back to top Go down
Y
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
Y

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 8:12 pm

Well the medals are nice little trinkets, and the activity medals and the mission medals are all fine and dandy, I really don't care if somebody wants to parade around with a display of their posts and time on the site when you could just look at that cool little sidebar and see post count and Joined Date. So those medals are just kinda pointless little visual tidbits anyways, so I don't have anything much to say about them.

As for the other medals, that earned me a 'No' vote. Some of these medals are downright obscure, and require situations to be effectively set up just to achieve. Lets just take a medal for an example, the My Hero Medal. So you have to save somebody of the opposite sex from danger...well, considering the fact that I don't even need to look it up and I know more than half of the site is male, that creates a problem. Even if you do find a female, then you have to 'save' them, and when do you expect that to happen in unplanned RP?

So people are encouraged to just arrange for some danger to occur so they can save the female, play knight for four seconds, and get a medal out of it. You didn't earn anything, you earned it like you earned your Achievement Points from the frick' Avatar videogame, great job. And some of the other medals require planning like that too, killing somebody above your rank? You're gonna need a noob (thankfully they're in a large supply), or you need to plan it out when somebody in the c-box says they're bored with their character.

How about a 'Have Meaningful RP With A Person Whom You Hate' badge? Encourage something beneficial, not just some desire to have more shiny pixels than the next guy? I don't know about the other 3 people who voted no, but I didn't just click the button for some sort of button clicking fetish, and I figured i'd just let yall know since you're interested in knowing.

I exercised my right. :O
Back to top Go down
Seyren
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Seyren

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm indifferent of the Medals. Sure they are shiny and pretty and what hage says is for the most part true.

The only problem i see is having Staff choose them, I'm not saying member's should either but I think someone with a completely neutral look on EVERYONE (Good luck finding one, but I'm sure there are some around.) Would be the best person to give out medals.

Its Picking favorites in my eye, but since everyone can get them i guess its not.

Idk. I voted No simply for reasons Above. Other then that they're fine

Like I said i'm indifferent.

-DS
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 10:26 pm

Haha, oh hage. Such situations occur in Team Missions all the time, unless it's like, clean up the streets. You cannot gain any medals if they are planned deaths. I appreciate your oppinion and all, but I think it's more than a bit eccentric. The medals are just a way to get people to rp more, and have a fun, meaningless reward for doing so. =]

Only Adam's Special medals are chosen by Adam... The rest can be gotten by anyone who fulfills the requirement... so uh.... point destroyed lol.
Back to top Go down
Y
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
Y

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:20 am

I had a nice 6 paragraph response (and Z's not happy with me deleting it, little shoulder goblin...), but I've determined it's not worth my time to debate the validity of forum stickers when you already have my opinion present and your post hasn't detracted from it or proved any point in it false. You asked, you received, so I don't have to defend my position when you haven't even damaged it. I'm entitled to my opinion, so I'll keep it, tank u ver-a much.
Back to top Go down
Full Μ£†ä|=)
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Full Μ£†ä|=)

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:37 am

I didn't say you're not entitled to your oppinions, they are, however, quite irrelevant =]

However, I am curious that you think your point is still in tact.. even though I completely negated it's reasoning with proof of the forums system? well oh well ^.^
Back to top Go down
Y
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
Y

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 12:56 am

Python wrote:
It would be nice for you guys to write your opinions. It will make writing this bad boy easier. =]

I was asked, I answered, so it has relevance to the questioner.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 1:37 am

To the questioner perhaps. but beyond that... well thats questionable ^.^
Back to top Go down
Alernik

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 1:59 am

To me, i think the medals are a waste of time. The admins are always complaining how they are so swamped, so I believe they are just making more work for themselves. Plus, some people may let them having a medal to go to their sometimes already pretty large heads, and none of us want to deal with that. So, to me they are just another useless addition, and they are none too important.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:31 am

It's not about importance, it's about adding a little bit of flair. Besides, you can't say that it'll make admins more swamped, cause jiro is the only one who does medals. On the note of Admins being swamped, alot of that could be solved by members reading the rules and following proper procedure
Back to top Go down
Alernik

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 2:45 am

Well, if it is for flair, they are unnecessary even more. We are the best, or of the better Naruto RPG's out there, we need no more flair, we already have what it takes to be on top.
Back to top Go down
Full Μ£†ä|=)
Sand Genin
Sand Genin
Full Μ£†ä|=)

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 6:15 am

Ini, it's not all about being on top... You should know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals   POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals Empty

Back to top Go down

POLL FOR THE NEWSPAPER- Medals
Page 1 of 1