Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battle Percentage and Judges

Go down 
+4
Jiro
Kessen Kaitou
Kuro Karite
Yasuo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Yasuo

Yasuo

Battle Percentage and Judges Empty
PostSubject: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 12:31 am

Alright here's what I was thinking for battles. Each player goes into battle with 100 Percent life and 100 Percent Chakra. The two players' take turns posting and a staff member (a judge) posts in between their posts, specifying what attacks were succesful, what were unsuccessful and the amount of Life and Chakra both players have left.

Posting Order Example

-Ninja A Attacks their enemy using and Jutsu and a weapon
-Ninja B reacts, dodging the Jutsu, but taking the damage of the weapon.
-The Judge would post whether the jutsu was dodged and how much Life/Chakra the participants have left.
-Ninja A Posts again
-Ninja B Posts
-The The Judge again
Back to top Go down
Kuro Karite
Akatsuki
Akatsuki
Kuro Karite

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:01 pm

This would be like using a Chakra cost system. I don't like it.
Back to top Go down
Kessen Kaitou

Kessen Kaitou

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 4:06 pm

Its almost like the chakra system, but its not. Surely Admin's and Mod's wil check this, but sad to say I don't like that kind of things Bro.
Back to top Go down
Jiro
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Jiro

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:20 pm

I am not sure about it myself. This is similar to the system on rev. While its a good way to keep score so to speak it turns it more into a RPG then a RP. RPing is always been more about writing great battles and tales then simply keeping score. I don't think Adam likes the system very much so I don't think its likely to be adopted. I am sure we will get his views on the issue soon enough
Back to top Go down
Yasuo

Yasuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:01 pm

I only purpose cause I really don't like battle my enemy for a long period of time and never really know who's winning...And it's defiantley not a Chakra system since that would require every Jutsu to have a specified cost. Heck, you can take out the Chakra part and just have people with life percentage so the battles don't go on forever...
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 2:30 am

Still though, I agree with jiro that it then becomes more like an rpg than an RP. The system you suggest would make it so we have to adjust how we write things to the point where it becomes cheesy. Especially since theres no way to tell how much life things would take away. at least not industrially(Consistently) Since where attacks hit would affect the amount of damage, not to mention countless other factors.
Back to top Go down
Yasuo

Yasuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:26 am

So when do we know if a battle's over?
Back to top Go down
Pendo
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Pendo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 9:11 am

It's a good system, but I simply wouldn't put my trust into it. The judges could choose favorites and cheat and it would undermine the complete concept of RPing in general. Like I said, it's a very good idea, but could never work, with the judge's being human.
Back to top Go down
Yasuo

Yasuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:38 am

What would the staff benefit in favoring the participants?

Are you saying as a human we're bound to cheat?
Back to top Go down
Pendo
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Pendo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:46 am

I'm saying as humans we likely accidentally miscalculate or even unknowingly screw up. Therefore the judges, being human and bound to often mess up, would be an utter failure.
Back to top Go down
Yasuo

Yasuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:44 am

That's like saying games like basketball and soccer could never work...

Those games have been around for a while Razz
Back to top Go down
Pendo
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Pendo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:51 am

Actually, it's not like saying that. Basketball and Soccer have an original set of rules and guidelines and require little to no human process, but to simply follow those guidelines. Therefore Basketball and Soccer are able to function properly because of those simple guidelines. Your idea however has no guidelines and is the judge simply making every decision ranging from chakra usage to who gets hit with the most force.
Back to top Go down
Yasuo

Yasuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Personally I'd like to purpose a full battle system, but people seemed to have difficulty with this so I'd say a battle system would be too much...Ah well. I think I got the input I needed from this to understand.

I wish something was done though. Like I told Kimiko, I really like this RPG and love battling, but I get so bored of it because I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I feel like I'm aimlessly hitting the guy, not really knowing if I'm winning or not. And then I just end it out of loss of interest lol
Back to top Go down
Pendo
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Pendo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:13 pm

lol, I understand what you mean. But if someone is continuously dodging every single move then you should report it to a Staff Member, because that is god-modding.
Back to top Go down
Yasuo

Yasuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:29 pm

That's why there are actions. The more you dodge in one turn the less chance you have of dodge. If people are interested I could design a rough idea of a Battle System that would work with this RPG, but you wouldn't have to change a thing.

What do you think Adam?
Back to top Go down
Pendo
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Pendo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 12:42 am

I was thinking perhaps something like this...
Genins have lets say 80 Stamina points, and SP is used to dodge. So here is a chart...
Dodge System:
Punch/Kick = 10 SP
C Rank = 15 SP
B Rank = 25 SP
A Rank = 50 SP
S Rank = 100 Sp

Something like that. But Punches may need it's own system like...
The rank of the person punching/kicking to how much SP it costs.
D Rank = 5 SP
C Rank = 15 SP
B Rank = 45 SP
A Rank = 50 SP
S Rank = 100 SP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:08 am

the main rpg i play at has such set of rules, and jutsu's were build in this kind of way
Quote :

Name : [Name of Jutsu]
Chakra cost: [amounth of chakra it takes to perform a move]
Chakra:
[*]Tai
[*]Gen
[*]Nin
Description: [how does the jutsu work]
Effect:
[*]chakra : -X
[*]health : -X
seals:[put the correct answer in green)
[*]one hand seal ( can be performed in a single post)
[*]normal hand seal( can be performed in a single post)
[*]normal hand seal( can be performed in a single post)
[*]no hand required

and we have dodge,block and hit rules that also cost a X amount of chakra to perform with a mathematical equasion.
I like such system but it draws a lot out of the normal rp and many players that just like to rp left over time because the rules were too big and hard to implement in their rpg.
Back to top Go down
Stephanie
Sand Jounin
Sand Jounin
Stephanie

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 4:18 am

Eck I hate all the idea's, leave it the way it is and have the staff decide if someone is not playing realistically.
Back to top Go down
Yasuo

Yasuo

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 8:01 am

That's the thing though. It's not realistic lol....Attacks are meant to deal damage and as such they should...
Back to top Go down
Adam
The Fourth Hokage
The Fourth Hokage
Adam

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Archived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle Percentage and Judges   Battle Percentage and Judges Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle Percentage and Judges
Page 1 of 1