Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shino_nara
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Shino_nara

Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin Empty
PostSubject: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:48 pm

Giji lugged herself up the stairs, as Seluj walked up effortlessly. The man was still walking steadily in front of them all, not looking back. The puppets still surrounded Seluj, and were bouncing from step to step. Finally, they arrived the Hokage's office. Giji fell against a wall, then summoned her puppets. No point in keeping them out anymore. If he tries to run, the Konoha forces will surely capture him without breaking a sweat. Poo, crap it seems his chakra is coming to an end with mine, guess using the false conflict jutsu for the entire trip was a strain on his mind. I wonder how it will effect him when he realizes how exhausted he really is. Well no point in keeping it up. Giji released the jutsu and instantly Seluj stumbled with his new found exhaust. Giji gave an out-of-breath laugh and lifted her head with all her strength. "Genjutsu," She said breathing heavily. "Fun fun." Giji whipped out a seal and positioned it on her palm, which she placed forward facing the Hokage's door and braced it with her other hand. Too tired to open door "Kai!" A power blast of wind came from the tag and blew the doors open. The hokage was sitting behind his desk as Giji gave the knews. "I'm back, with a friend for that 'questioning'. Robin is with the kazekage. I'm sure you understand why i couldn't wait around."
Back to top Go down
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:29 pm

Seluj yawned as he carried on through Konoha. It was a bit of a site, very different from what he was acustom to. He should be over culture shock by now, and was mentally embarrased at his naive nature. However, here he stood, walking though a village that had a much more urban feel then his own home. It was much cooler as well. Seluj was thankful for that. The breeze blew cold, however, and the chill that shot up his spine was one that he was also not used to. He shrugged it off, however, assuming that their little journey would be about over.
As they moved through the Hokage's building, or at least the one he assumed was the buidling, seeing as though it was the giant builidng that said 'Fire' on the front, he couldn't help but ask himself when any of this would make sense. The went up a couple of flight of stairs and all at once he felt a wave of fatigue hit him. He stumbled a bit, bringing his foot forward to catch himself. With a single deep breathe, he maintain his composure, bringing himself to a straight position and steadying his heart rate. He was 'tired' however he had enough control over himself to seem as if he weren't. "Genjutsu" the girl said. "I assumed as much..." He was also alot less tired because he had spent much less chakra in the previous 'scuffle' then his opponent.
He also notice that he could channel his chakra, the weak poison that was used to supress his chakra seem to have run it's course. Almost like a cold shower, Seluj shook himself a bit, allowing his chakra to slide through his form.
He then watched as the girl simply 'blew' open the door the Hokage's room. He had to hold back a laugh, as it was a bit over exaggerated, but it wasn't anything he wouldn't expect from this crazy little ninja that he had followed all the way to bloody Konoha. Then again, if was following a crazy ninja he probably wasn't to stable himself. He smiled a bit to himself as he had a miniature arguement in his head, almost like amusing himself. Okay... maybe this will start making sense now... Seluj walked in, folding his arms and leaning against the door. Not everyday a guy meets the Hokage...
Back to top Go down
Jiro
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Jiro

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 4:14 pm

(OOC: Adam asked me to RP in his stead)

The Hokage garbed in his official robes of office didn’t seem to stir from the documents he was reading as the newcomers strode inside. He did raise an eye a moment as if to confirm his suspicions before once more turning back to read the files arrayed in front of him.

Waiting till Giji had said her piece, still carefully reading the papers he spoke up his crisp authoritative voice resonating out of the Office:

“Ayame, my dear, will you clear my morning schedule and rearrange the meeting with the representatives of the merchants guilds to noon. I imagine I will be indisposed for the a while”

A friendly female tone came back from the room beyond

“Already done Hokage Sama, would you like me to see to refreshments for you and your guests?”

“What would I do without you my dear? Tea please and some of that delicious dango I saw in the refectory earlier if you can. Can you close the door before you go?”

“Of course Hokage Sama”

All the time the Hokage had not looked up once engrossed in what seemed to be financial accounts and expenditure sheets. The whole exchange had given the rooms other occupant’s ample time to take in their surroundings and if they were even remotely aware of how the Hokage ran things there were some worrying peculiarities. For one the Hokage’s office was always a jungle of overflowing paperwork, entering it was a skill in itself usually as one tried to manoeuvre around the worryingly unstable towers of folders. The said towers when now uniform piles, stacked by order of importance and even more worryingly alphabetically. The most worrying thing wasn’t even that they seemed to be organised but they looked to have been done. In fact room was a model of efficiency. Either the Hokage they all knew and loved had suddenly gained a talent for organisation or something terrible had happened.

The man sitting at the Hokage’s desk and the new arrivals trade stares for a moment. Then the Hokage carefully place the documents he was reviewing with suspicious intensity to continue later as behind them a brunette woman in here middle years her hair held in a tight bun strode up behind them and close the double doors with a audible click. As the door clicked the man ensconced in the Hokage’s chair raised his arms in a very familiar hang sign and the henge he had been holding dropped away in a puff of smoke. As the smoke faded it reveal a tall teen who could be no older then 16 garbed in a double breasted brown coat not dissimilar to the Hokage’s with his Konoha badge on a white bandana strapped to his upper right arm. The attire was topped with a face that made most women weak at the knees, unruly white hair and piercing purple eyes that look at them thoughtfully. Rising to his feet he greeted them in a calm thoughtful tone that was his own:

“You must be Giji and your charge must be Seluj. The Hokage was informed that you were returning from Suna. I hope your journey was without problem and let me be the first to officially welcome you to Konoha Seluj. I am afraid the Hokage is indisposed at the moment. Pressing business has come up that requires his attention. I am Jiro, special liaison to the office of the Hokage and I am empowered to act on his behalf in his absence. Feel free to say anything you would do to Hokage himself and be assured that everything we discuss here today will be relayed in full to the Hokage upon his return. Please Sit”

As he said the last he indicated to the two comfortable seats in front of the desk. Throughout his introduction he was careful to maintain a poised, calm and welcoming demeanour though there was a slight twitch of the eye when discussing the Hokage’s pressing business. The Hokage had claimed it was so but Jiro knew today was the opening of Icha Icha Paradise special at the cinema and had his suspicions about what this mission involved, popcorn presumably. When the Hokage had told him the first time that his performance in the Chuunin Exams had been exemplary and he had decided to take him under his wing for special training he really hadn’t expected to be doing the mans paperwork. It was made all the worse because being a studious and tirelessly hardworking individual he proved rather good at it. Too late to realise his mistake he now ended up doing a large number of the things the Hokage couldn’t be bothered with. As he pondered how the other people in the room would take it he wondered when he would actually be shown a Jutsu.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Henge no Jutsu - Transformation Technique
Type: Ninjutsu
Element: N/A
Description: Henge no Jutsu is a ninjutsu technique which every ninja learns at the Ninja Academy. Henge allows the ninja to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the ninja to move with stealth or to trick their opponents
Back to top Go down
Shino_nara
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Shino_nara

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyFri Apr 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Giji was fighting sleep from her eyes, so the room hardly phased her. She notices out of a twitch of her eye the papers neatly stacked, but simply dismissed it as not her business. She took a large yawn and proceeded to lift herself, leaning against the wall with all of her body wait. She droned into the office, fallowed by Seluj. She was a bit, loose, having just woken up from her three second power nap. Her movements were stringy, the arms that were once poised at her sides had now swung wherever the wind blew. As she stumbled in, it wasn't until she sat down that Giji noticed the Hokage wasn't there, instead someone who seemed to be his apprentice, or secretary.

He was talking about something that Giji only heard noises of, not paying attention to much at this point. She took all the energy she had and hoisted herself up and leaned on the desk and looked directly at the man. Her hands had almost slipped when planting them on the desk but she kept her composure, as much as she could at that point. She whispered to the man, but it was unknown to her if she was talking too loud so that Seluj too could hear or too soft so that no one could hear. "Psst, why are you treating him like this? Isn't he here for interrogation? Where is the squad i requested?" She wore a puzzled look and glanced back and forth.
Back to top Go down
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 7:56 am

Seluj at first was a bit disappointed at what he first saw. It would appear, by the mans words, that he wasn't infact the hokage, but someone working while he was away. He was also a bit curious as to where the Hokage was at the moment. If it was pressing enough that the Hokage was needed, is it possible that it was matters as big a scale as Konoha's leader? But this wasn't his village and it really wasn't his place to pick in other peoples business. If anything, questioning the Hokage's absence would only be more of a bother then he would want at the moment.

"I see... well to be completely honest with you I haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing here in the Leaf. It's a nice change of seen for one, but as for my purpose?" His voice trailed off for only the slightest of moments as his mind took in all that he was going to say. Most would do this by filling the silence with an 'umm' but he was trained, and actually took a class, on public speaking, and probably the only habit he had actually picked up was the ability to not fill the silences of thoughts with meaningly mumbling.

He didn't want to say anything to get this female ninja in trouble, who was apparently named 'Giji'. His job wasn't to upset anyone. And to say he only came because she assured that she wouldn't hurt anyone in the village would be a bit harsh, even though it was a harsh declaration at the time. Also he didn't want to be to hasty as to his own position. At the moment, he had been traveling none stop and burned away a good part of his chakra thanks to the genjutsu he was under. Though he quickly recovered from such fatigue, he wouldn't mind having a matress under him, and a nice one at that.

"Anyway, I hear word of peace between the sand and leaf and if I'm to have a part in it then so be it! It's a pleasure to meet someone so close to the Hokage." He decided to go the easy route. Not pushing too many envelopes, but simply going with the flow. If he was a bit patient, his questions would be answered soon enough. Hopefully the Hokage's aid would make more sense then his current host.
Back to top Go down
Jiro
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Jiro

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:56 pm

“I was under the impression you had been informed as to your purpose here. Well it seems to have been lost in translation” As he said so he gave Giji a thoughtful look

“There is little point hiding it now you are here. There are ongoing discussions about the possibility of running a joint chuunin exam in the not to distant future and it was thought a brief tour of our respective facilities was needed. A few names were mentioned and yours came to the fore. The Kazekage didn’t mention anything? Perhaps he too is indisposed at the moment”

“You, my friend, our Suna’s representative and will be given a full tour of the testing areas involved though I am afraid their nature will remain a secret till the actual events for obvious security reasons. However it would be inhospitable for you to travel so far without a formal welcome. It is to our shame that the Hokage is unavailable, I am sure had he been able he would have greatly enjoyed meeting you. Alas the pleasure falls to me to welcome to our fair village. Perhaps we can discuss something of our mutual villages and you can tell me of your journey here over some tea. Then we can see to organising some appropriate accommodation to allow you to rest up after your long journey here.”

Jiro was a natural liar; it was practically second nature to him and so span his story well. Well it wasn’t a complete lie, talks were ongoing and they would provide a tour but then again every good lie was punctuated with truth. Even as they spoke a rather special brew was winging its way here that would numb the drinker’s will power. It wasn’t particularly effective but it would do its job and more importantly it was both odourless and tasteless. When that was done it would be a simple task for the Anbu on standby to cast a genjutsu over him and for a Yamanaka to sift through his mind for valuable information. Then he could be carefully freed none the wiser and a tour organised for the next day and with any luck heading home without a worry in the world. The objective was to acquire information without raising the Suna nin’s suspicions. Of course should things get out of hand there were other means of information extraction available? He had assumed that was why he was here more then anything, there were very few who would not tell him there life story after 5 minutes alone. And of course of if things got really out of hand it may have to be arranged for Suna Nin never to leave building alive though this would be a regrettable turn of events. Giji worried him and all he could do to placate her was to give her a comforting nod. He hoped that would be enough to convince to play along and not mention her true purpose. Jiro had met many stubborn Nin in his time and the Suna Nin was just the sort. Should he dig his heels in things could get out of hand far quicker the one could imagine.

Moments later a woman dressed in a plain dark blue kimono walked in bowing as she entered carrying a tree laddered with Dango and 3 cups and saucers and pot of steaming tea. He had considered simply spiking the Suna Nin’s tea but that was too obvious better to spike all the drinks and alleviate any suspicions so the whole pot was drugged. After all should conflict arise it would be the Anbu waiting outside, not Giji or himself, that would deal with it so their senses needn’t be razor sharp.

Smiling politely and thanking the woman Jiro poured a cup of tea for his two guests and one for himself before placing own in front of him and proffering the Suna Jounin a cup with an outstretched hand at the same time asking with a wide open smile:

“Now tell me how was your journey here? Good I hope?”
Back to top Go down
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 7:31 pm

(Sorry if it's out of order. I got tired of waiting, lol)

Seluj was taken in by his surrounding. His eyes and head tilted from side so side, still facing Jiro, however being sure to take a look through the room around him. It was a large, dome like office room and was filled with all sorts of documents. He'd assume many of them important. Infact, most of these stacks of papers were probably pending decisions and actions of Konoha itself. How interesting.

He let the man finish explaining. Infact it sounded just about right. He was more then happy to hear any flavor of truth that at least made sense in his mind, and perhaps it was something that he could take advantage of himself. The Leaf was most likely trust worthy, and if he got a look at things from the inside out, maybe he could steal away for a few moments to do some snooping of his own. Of course, there was probably some higher up then this 'Jiro' guy watching him ever sense he came into the village, let alone now, in the room of the Hokage.

It couldn't be helped. For now he would go with the flow. Jiro said something about speaking over tea. Normally, He was a big fan of tea himself, having sampled tea from all over the world in his travels. He had a few particular favorites, however usually saved his drinking until the end of day, when the water was at peak warmth for brewing, and the temperature of the sand began to drop. He bow slightly out of respect to the women that brought the tea to them.

“Now tell me how was your journey here? Good I hope?” Jiro said.

Seluj took the cup from Jiro, feeling the warmth through the cup. That's how the proffesionals did it anyway, you judge the warmth of the water by the heat of the cup itself. That way, one would avoid burning their tongue. It seemed like a fresh batch, seeing as though the water was most likely scortching hot to the cup. Either they weren't expecting him, or they didn't know that your not actually suppose to let the water boil before pouring it to steep. Seluj felt a bit fancy that he could apply knowledge of tea to a 'high class' situation.

He looked to the woman, turning, and at the same time cutting off Jiro. "Excuse me, could I possible have an ice cube or two as well?" In a high class situation, you never let the tea cool on its own, or blow on it. You always add ice, and add sugar accordingly. He then looked back to Jiro.

"Sorry bout that... well let's see. It was a bit confusing and I was under an illusion most of the time thanks to this one here," His head nudging in the direction of Giji. "But it was because of that, it was a pretty 'smooth' trip. I hardly remember a thing! Brilliant bloody place ya got here though. By the way, what sort of Tea is this?" It was always polite to inquire the brand of the tea.
Back to top Go down
Shino_nara
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Shino_nara

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 3:34 am

Giji tried controlling herself as Jiro spoke of the reason Seluj was brought. She felt he was covering for what he thought was a mistake on Giji's part. She showed none of her rage, and allowed him to finish. Before asking Jiro to come outside with her for some consulting, she noticed the nod. Knowing Jiro, even he wasn't kind enough to nod at someone for doing as simple a thing as their job. Let alone a screw up of it. She caught the message quickly and was set at ease. Shes smiled and gave him a wink, "Sorry for the wait."

She had planned on leaving, knowing what would soon take place she didn't want to be in Jiro's way for whatever he had planned to incapacitate the ninja. But at the ring of the word "tea", Giji knew exactly what was happening. This was too subtle to work on Seluj. It was obvious that the seals he used before were his main technique, and undoubtedly he had one for genjutsu. Though he didn't use it on her before. Giji realized this must be because of the same as the sharingan. He must have to activate it, which means he must know he is under it in order to act.

When the tea arrived and Seluj seemed seemed so into it, Giji thought it was the perfect time to take a brake. The tea was as it usually is in Konoha, hotter than anyone could be expected to drink it. Used to this, she took the tea and chugged it. The burns on her tongue and throat were worth her plan. When the last drop sizzled into her mouth, she swallowed the last gulp she took and burst out into a laugh/panic face. "Hehehehaha hot! Ooooo hey hey um im gonna go take a pee break." She smiled and lifted herself up as she excused herself from the two. She gave both a subtle wink and skipped off. "Continue speaking i'll only be a minute."

When reaching the hallway, she took a turn and sprinted out to the nearest window, counting. Finding the anbu positioned on the south west roof of the building, she approached him and gave him her warning.

"As you probably know you are positioned here to subdue a prisoner of Konoha for interrogation." The anbu nodded. "Good. Now, take this scroll. The genjutsu for capturing him may not work." The anbu asked how she knew this. "I fought him no more than a few hours ago." The anbu nodded again and continued listening. "Unfortunately I'm not sure yet how it may fail, so I want at least two fuuinjutsu specialist to ensure all goes smoothly." The anbu tried to tell her that there are only four specialists left in the village since squads left that morning. "Tell them this is a matter of national security." The anbu nodded and took off to find the shinobi.

Giji returned to the room and checked what number she was on (she had continued counting throughout the conversation). Four minutes and thirteen seconds, enough to return without any suspicion of being gone too long or not long enough. She reentered the room and strode over to her seat. She sat down slowly, showing her body off to Seluj, and then smiling and requesting another cup. After receiving her second serving, Giji continued listening in on the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Jiro
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Jiro

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Jiro smiled pleasantly nodding where appropriate, acting in the manner of a host truly interested in his what his guest had to say. Well he was and would be all the more interested shortly when the Suna Nin unwittingly provided what he was hoping was goldmine of information. Seluj seemed to be taking everything in his stride a sign that Giji had done even better then he had anticipated. His manners and social refinement where both indications that he was comfortable in high culture and probably even a regular at important meetings with the Kage and other senior Nin back home in Suna. A connected man likely with influence and better still access to restricted information. Of course this made what they were doing all the more dangerous, capable Nin were weary Nin and Jiro would need to be on his toes. Then again he wasn’t appoint the special liaison to the office of the Hokage simply for his looks though those caused more problems then they solved to his sharp mind.

As the Suna Nin spoke he was careful to add too lumps of sugar from nearby bowl into his tea and sipped deeply of the draught. Even is the drug within it was secretly taking affect he was confident his facilities would remain unphased as for what he needed and should it become a problem the cure within the folds of his cloak was always at hand. Giji practical downing of the brew worrying him a bit but not unduly and he was careful to smile benevolently as she left to freshen up.

Noting the Suna Nin scanning his brew with the eye of expert of an experienced tea drinker he was required to think fast when he asked for ice. Normally this would be problematic, ice wasn’t a common addition in the fire country as it was in Suna and too often not provided. Jiro praised Jashin as he noted that in this particular the staff had planned for this eventuality spying a small porcelain container with a thin film of cool water vapour on its lid. Carefully picking up the fine bone china bowl, part of a set reserved for visiting dignitaries that had been gifted to the Second Hokage by the then Raikage he proffered the ice cubes kindly.

Before he could speak on the matter the Suna Jounin continued mentioning his journey and Konoha briefly before questioning the tea’s provenance. Silent thanking the staff a second time in a matter of moments for telling him at the pre-operation briefing he smiled and replied:

“I believe this particular variety is called Amatsu Kaze (Heavenly Breeze). It is grown on plantations not far from the fire temple. Forgive me but I can not recall the valley off hand. I do know it is most costly, though we are fortunate to receive a few tonnes of it a year from the Fire Daiyamo as a gift every harvest. I am not sure how much of it is exported to Sand but I can ensure you its among the best available. It is great to here your journey passed so smoothly and we are humbled by the praise your bare for our village. It is only a shame you have come so early in the year, month or two and the cherry blossoms will be out and the village will be awash in colour and life.”

Hopefully his guest would soon started to relax and enjoy his cup and the real work could begin but until then the pleasantries must be observed, the talked for several minutes on number of benign issues of little relevance or weight (OOC: leave it entirely to you whether you decide to drink the tea and what we discuss) till Giji returned
Back to top Go down
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 10:10 am

Seluj was more then pleased that his tea was completed with the cooling sensation of a pair of cubed ice. He appreciated the little things and watched as the ice slowly shrunk and melted as the heat enveloped the ice itself. It was then, in his focus, that he noticed something a bit out of place...

Giji, which he had assumed was the name of the female shinobi, had returned from her 'pee break' and was happily starting on her second cup of tea. Nothing out of the ordinary. But she DID simply gulp down what to him was very hot liquid. She seemed a bit masocistic just by the way she acted back earlier, however, it brought his attention to a very interesting detail. Her hands were dry.

This was most likely the result of not only the dry climate of Sunagakure, but also traversing from such a dry place to the more cool and humid climate of Konoha. The humidity in the atmosphere easily evaporates many surface moisture, especially when sweating had occured. She may be a bit weird, but she was still a girl, and if she was concious enough to try and show off to him, as he had noticed, then she would definantly be concious enough to wash her hands...

From there, he could notice other minor details; Her brow was slightly moist from sweat. It was hardly a glint, but in an air conditioned building only quick movement or nervous situations would be able trigger such a reflex of the body. She tried to steady her breathing, but the strain from holding her genjutsu and the scuffle earlier was most likely leaving her chakra, and thus her stamina very short. He could tell that her breathe was in long drags through the nose, which were silent. This was something every basic ninja had to learn as apart of composure.

This was an interesting developement, and it appeared on Seluj's face as a slight raise of the brow, though he quickly returned to his normal face. If she hadn't gone to the bathroom, where did she really go? Jiro admitted that the Hokage was else where, but why would the hokage have to walk out on a situation that was as high a priority as peace between countries. Once more, where he originally thought he understood what was going on, he found himself doubtful.

He wasn't in much condition to fight himself, and maybe enough to escape, but if he was being watched, which he probably was, he would have a tough time getting out of the office, let alone the whole freakin' village. His best option for now was to try and get out of this situation, and weight his options in a more private setting. To be polite, he took a small sip from the tea, and though he did enjoy the taste, he set the cup down.

"Well, I will assure you that for me I have enjoyed the seen with or without the cherry blossoms, and will be sure to return when that time of the year rolls around. Not to be rude, but... despite my ourward appearance I really am bushed from the course this day has taken. Perhaps I could get a place to stay for the night to rest, and we can continue speaking tomorrow. Hopefully the Hokage's urgent business will have settled by then?"
Back to top Go down
Shino_nara
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Shino_nara

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:11 pm

(ooc: Jiro you can take this one it would be appropriate that you would talk now)
Back to top Go down
Jiro
Leaf ANBU
Leaf ANBU
Jiro

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 6:13 am

(OOC: Sorry about the wait, connection issues. I discussed where to go next with Adam and he doesn’t want me to extract information form Seluj so I have gone with the diplomatic approach. I hope it doesn’t throw you)

A wise Sage once said that plans only last till first contact. How right he was, things were not developing as Jiro would have liked. Seluj reactions weren’t completely unexpected, it was understandable he might be tired and there was always the possibility he might not ingest much tea. The result was that Seluj despite being drained from the journey and the Genjutsu was not drowsy enough to be easily caught off guard and any attempt to go through with the former plan was looking increasingly risky. Unfortunately this left him with a conundrum of sorts a choice between 3 potential options, the first was undoubtedly the easiest but under his present orders not really a viable one. Quite simply it was to cancel the operation and let him go and continue, as they started playing this, as a diplomatic mission. However orders to extract information still stood and to take the easy path would be a dereliction of duty. It seemed to him that he would have to take one of the two more difficult options. The first was to detain him against his will and forcibly extract the information. Given the resources on hand, this was quite possible, the Suna Nin was hopelessly outnumbered and outmatched but it carried with a great number of dangers not to mention potential repercussions. The Suna Nin made even need to be silenced in the end. To Jiro’s meticulous and organised mind it raised a number of issues he didn’t really want to explore. The final option was to arrange accommodation for him in an area they could control and then hope to catch him off guard while he rests and read his mind then. Preferable to a point but there was always a risk of escape, despites its problems the Hokage tower offered very little possibility for Seluj to escape.

As he pondered these imponderables and weighed the alternatives his musings were disrupted by a knock at the door and a Chuunin he recognised from the towers secure communications department briskly strolled in, gave the visitors a quick, cautious look before handing Jiro a scroll with a top level encryption seal on it. Whatever it was, it was of great importance. If the seal was not enough to tell him that then the Nin entering the room before even asking leave was sign enough. It was turning into one of those days, he could feel it. As important as the current operation was it was likely the letters contents were all the more so and would require the Hokage’s personal attention directly. He could not simply leave it till later so making polite excuses he broke the seal and was careful to hide what was written on it without seeming over cautious and quickly began to read the missive.

It was short and written in a manner suggesting it had been heavily encrypted; the sender clearly had taken every precaution this would not fall into the wrong hands. While Jiro was not fully briefed on the extend of the Hokage’s spy network, only the Hokage truly knew its extent and the names of the agents, he did recognise the agents cover name and knew it was from a high ranking spy in Suna. It wasn’t long but then he didn’t need to be as its impact struck him with full force. Pouring more tea to cover his surprise he reread the document to make sure he had got this straight. According to the missive the Kazekage had retired less then 48 hours ago. The reasons for this weren’t mentioned but the fact was being covered up by the Suna Council as they looked for a replacement for fear Suna’s enemies would take this for a sign of weakness and attack. As if this was not enough to immediately require the Hokage’s attention, a shortlist of likely candidates was included and then man not 3 yards away was on it.

He wasn’t sure if this was a blessing in disguise or another headache waiting in the wings. The content required immediate action at both Kage and Council level. The Council will need to be called to vote on whether or not our agents in Suna should try to influence Suna into appointing a pro Konoha leader and that was just the tip iceberg. This one little parchment was going to generate a lot of discourse and work and he feared a lot of paperwork would end up going his way. On the other hand it provided him with a solution to his current predicament. A change of Kage would lead to a complete overhaul of security and potentially personnel in Suna making much of the information Seluj possessed of question value at best, secondly there was a chance however small he was in fact taking tea with the next Kazekage and he imagined that in the case that he was tortured, then somehow escaped and was subsequently appointed the damage done might be irreparable. Much better that he leave contended and with good spirits with a favourable opinion. Ironic that he would come in a captive and leave an honoured guest but its funny how these things happen. Doubtless Giji will be frustrated but then changes a part of life and one must adept to meet them not try vainly to ignore them. Perhaps additional pay would be appropriate in the circumstances and help to smooth thing over. Ringing a bell on the table, an attendant came in to whom he handed over folded orders, one ordering the Anbu in position to stand down, the other arranging the accommodation, with polite and well manner gratitude. As the women left the room he turned back to his guests Jiro gave them both a warm smile and answered Seluj:

“My apologies again but unfortunately there is more to my job then sitting behind the Hokage’s desk keeping his chair warm, paperwork mostly but its needs to be done. As to your retiring to rest, I was about to suggest the same myself. You must be exhausted from your travels and here I am droning on when you should be relaxing. Appropriate accommodation is being arranged as we speak. Normally in such cases I would escort you myself but I am afraid I am overdue for number of meetings as it is. However I am sure Giji here will be delighted to show you to your hotel. It’s the Imperials Springs Spar Resort on the outskirts of town. We have number of suites reserved visiting dignitaries the hope will be to your liking. If there is anything else you need of me or wish me to rely to the Hokage, please don’t hesitate to ask”
Back to top Go down
Shino_nara
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Shino_nara

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:32 am

Giji simply sat in silence as Seluj spoke, contemplating the short battle about to take place. She thought of her earlier fight with him and what would likely come if he resisted. Hopefully the preparations were made by now, as it seemed Seluj was ready to leave. Giji kept her face calm and began to stand when a knock on the door came. She quickly made it look like she was simply changing her seating position.

The person standing at the door was clearly a shinobi. Between the roughs on his clothes, cuts, breath patterns, chakra emissions, and scroll he was carrying, it wasn't a secret that he was most likely Special Jonin rank. However his conduct with Jiro told Giji that this nin could have also been Chunin. Either way, Jiro's attitude didn't seem to change, though he was no longer in the mood for small talk. One of two things were in that scroll. A message to back down, or a message to hurry up. Seeing as Jiro put Giji in charge of the escort, she could only assume that it would become evident to her shortly when they leave the building.

Giji stood up after hearing Jiro's say. Standing up had become a little of a problem now though, whatever had happened, she was weakened. Giji may have shown hesitation when standing, but hopefully it will go unnoticed or simply accredited to her conduct. Either in the air or in the tea, and it must have gotten me weak or high. Should proceed cautiously. Too bad, it might be a lot of fun if the plan is still good. After standing, she turned to Seluj and motioned him to fallow her with a nudge of the head, a wink, and a small smile. Their destination, however, was a different story. That part of the village has little to no surveillance. So if the Anbu didn't fallow them, Giji would be going in cold, which would be dangerous. On the other hand, Giji doubted he would risk anything in her village like she had done in his. Hm, this night is turning out kind of interesting.
Back to top Go down
WTFlash
A ranked Missing-Ninja
A ranked Missing-Ninja
WTFlash

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 9:23 am

(Not at all, infact, Im a bit impressed how you tossed a curve to it. Your a great 'RP'r in my opinion... Seluj won't be the Kazekage btw...)

Seluj was a bit sceptical at this point in time. Not only was he catching on to more fuzzy information, but he was being lead into different directions with the conversation itself. It was just then that Seluj switched from his naive, trusting mindset, to being on guard. He sipped from his tea as he studied the long silence of the man infront of him. It wasn't common knowledge, but it was deffinantly fact, that ones emotions could be read in the simple ticks and quivers in the face, whether or not the person is aware of it. It was a subconcious effect that caused contractions, twitches etc., as a way to release nervous energy. If one had a good sense of instinct along with judgement, then they would almost read ones mind simply by watching their body language and facial expressions. He assumed that the Hokage's aid was no different. Giji especially was a candidate for such manipulation. She tried desperatly to keep up with the flow of the conversation and at the moment it would appear as though she was juggling trying to be useful and trying to catch cues from Jiro as to what to do. If she was searching for answers to such questions, then there must be a certain flow that the conversation was meant to go in. She leaned foward a bit, as if waiting for something, expecting something to happen that was not. Impatients.

If there was something to happen, then this set up was all planned at some point. Whether Jiro was honestly the Hokage's aid or not, it no longer mattered, as he was now considered in the same category as his other little friend Giji. Jiro was more calm and under control, thus his facial expression and body language was much more subtle. He too was think, his eyes shifting, focusing and unfocusing. But what of? Possible weighing options of his own. Perhaps Seluj had dodged a bullet of sorts without knowing it. It was then that Seluj pondered a rather interesting possibility. He looked down to his cup, which was empty. His tea was gone, as his own nervous energy prompted him to sip unconciously at the edge of the cup. Was it possible that the tea was spiked? It was honestly the first time he had considered it. If so, he would experience it's effects soon, and he made the decision right away that if he felt anything out of the ordinary, he would be forced to use the last 50% of his chakra in an attempt to escape the village in the leaf. What started out as a lovely, cool, suna day, mind end in a bit less conviently.

Jiro, however, was interupted from his train of thought by a new character that strolled into the room and handed him a small parchment. The man left as quickly as he came, disappearing from the room like a specter and as Seluj looked over, he noticed that it had some sort of seal attatched to it. He himself was a master of seals and just be looking at it he could tell it was to help encrypt the letter itself. Jiro was careful about not only reading, but opening the note even, and if it was this important, he could possible steal this moment for himself. He spotted a coat hanger at the opening of the door. Putting his hands to his side and bending backward, he pretended to stretch, however planned to form a substitution justu tethered to the post. It he could maintain the set, then he could literally activate it from far off, and substitute himself into the Hokage's Office himself... It was a short winded plan, for he didn't know what he would do at that point, but it was a start. Also, he knew that attempting to hold a set substitution would take a huge chunk of his remaining chakra; he wouldn't have much to play with.

However, he stopped himself. Though Giji was inexperienced and Jiro was distracted, if this was a plan of theirs, the leaf village, then he was probably being watched by the famous 'ANBU Black-Ops' That he heard so much about. Infact, if he formed a justu now, they would catch it for sure. Such a risk for such a small reward as a substitution to the otherside of the room, wasn't yet worth it. As Jiro's attention shifted from the letter back to the conversation, Seluj snapped back to the his posture. He was settled with a stroke of luck as he was told he was going to be staying in a suite in the outskirts. The farther from this building, the better off he was.

However, before he could consult further, he found himself agreeing with the situation, and content with the offer. He nodded and thanked the man named Jiro. He shook his head a bit, trying to snap out of the impulse, however he found that he couldn't keep his composure without focusing. He was shocked, perhaps this was the effects of the tea! But before he could mentally contest against it's effect, he found that he didn't much care about it, at least not enough to try to stop it... the tea seemed to work. His only real hope was his ability to get to the suite where he would be able to sleep off it's effects. He followed her, mostly oblivious to her flirty nature and almost mindlessly proceeded behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin   Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin Empty

Back to top Go down

Attention Hokage : Giji back from mission...with a Suna nin
Page 1 of 1