Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] Empty
PostSubject: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:45 pm

Alright. My apologies for the flood of earlier topics; I was under the impression that each summon had to be individually approved as a pet. Now, view my new and improved comprehensive list of the summons I'm applying for. Updated for genre change, and updated again since the mods wanted them to have more abilities Very Happy.

Name: Lesser Koutai

Nickname: Shift

Species: Kanmon

Looks:
Spoiler:
A simple black disk, about 1.5 times the size of the palm that opens it. It appears to be flush with the surface it rests on; if the surface was textured it is on the same plane as the lowest point, creating a depression.

Personality: Lesser Koutai are only marginally sentient. They instinctively reject anything that's too large, but that's about it. Living creatures they corrupt tend to be extremely aggressive (for their species).

Age: A Lesser Koutai exists for perhaps 20 seconds after being summoned.

History: A Koutai was, oddly enough, the first Kanmon that Aritomo encountered. For reasons unknown except to Ikusa Mari, the wasp it corrupted attached him to the Kanmon contract, leading to quite a surprise when he first performed Kuchiyose no Jutsu.

Jutsus:

Name: Senka no Kaze - War's Winds
Element: Wind
Description: This is technically just Shaba applied to the fluid (usually air) surrounding the Koutai. The result is a steady flow of identical fluid at a hazardously higher temperature and significantly greater velocity.

Name: Shaba – World of Corruption
Element: N/A
Description: Koutai are the concentrated essence of a desire for battle. They hold the power to “corrupt” objects, redefining them according to the Koutai’s nature. The object in question must be able to fit through the Koutai entirely (so for a Lesser Koutai, kunai work but kusarigamas don't). Inanimate objects are replaced with their inanimate counterpart; living objects are replaced with their (generally) much more intelligent living counterpart. The corrupted object crumbles at dawn or sunset (whichever comes first), leaving the original in its place as the malevolence of the Koutai disperses.

Name: Lesser Kakaru

Nickname: Sense

Looks:
Spoiler:
Lesser Kakaru are spheres of an oddly-lit dark gas. They partially envelop the head of the nearest sentient being when summoned, and the profile of the covered area determines their shape. They always appear violently agitated, in constant motion. If you look at the light just right, you can see a face. Most interpret the expression as furious.

Personality: Lesser Kakaru are constantly engaged in a desperate struggle. They cling to the nearest sentient being (the one most likely to be the summoner) and devote their efforts solely to performing their "Escape" jutsu. Since Sense is summoned repeatedly, he's a bit more temperamental, but he takes it with dignity.

Age: Lesser Kakaru are trapped in this world for about five minutes before escaping.

History: The first time Aritomo met a Kakaru, it latched directly onto his face. Between the dizzying array of images and the swirling, luminescent fog clinging to his eyes, Ari thought his summon was attacking him. It was not until significantly later (when he called Sense during a sparring match with his father) that he realized what was really happening. That was when he gave Sense a name.

Jutsus:

Name: Korona - Corona
Element: Fire
Description: Kakaru are constantly burning chakra at a furious rate to "escape." A side effect of this is the aura of pulsing heat that surrounds them. Unless the target they're attached to is linked with the Kanmon contract, which forces them to direct their energy elsewhere, they will speedily begin to burn, as will anything flammable (such as a taijutsu user's skin) that comes within a foot or so of them.

Name: Fukkireru - Become Unbound
Description: Unlike most summons, Kakaru are trapped when summoned. They are the physical manifestation of the least intelligent of the three Cowardly Impulses. They direct their chakra exclusively in an attempt to escape the place they've been called to. A side effect of this on the brain they're clinging to is a stream of images-- a genjutsu-like effect-- that depicts the nearby physical world from a multitude of perspectives. The effect ends when the Kakaru escapes. Lesser Kakaru accomplish this in about five minutes.

Name: Lesser Raifusaikuruenerugi

Nickname: Flare

Looks:
Spoiler:
A Raifusaikuruenerugi is a tiny black point, generally smaller than the nail on its summoner's pinky. The energy passing through causes it to tremble slightly, as if viewed through heat waves. More importantly, it shines black-- the point is visible even inside a cave.

Personality: Raifusaikuruenerugi in general are (in the Author's words) so small that they can only hold one emotion at a time. They exist for the purpose of fundamentally corrupting the basic “building material” of the rest of reality. This causes them to move into the position where the most translation can occur-- they move towards large sources of energy.

Age: Raifusaikuruenerugi last for 3-8 minutes before the rush of forces cause them to collapse. The heavier the energy flow through them, the shorter their duration becomes.

History: The first time Aritomo called a Flare, that's what he thought it was-- a small flame burning on the ground. He filed it away in the back of his head as something that he might stick on the end of a pole or something and moved on. It was not until he was instructed more thoroughly in the theory behind Kanmon that he realized what was really happening. His estimate of the Raifusaikuruenerugi went up, but the name Flare stayed. Can you imagine yelling "Raifusaikuruenerugi" in a battle?

Jutsus:

Name: Junkan - Cycle
Element: "Fire"
Description: Raifusaikuruenerugi bear a strong resemblance to Koutai, both physically and in their effects. The difference is that while Koutai corrupt objects and (at most) some air, Raifusaikuruenerugi corrupt a much more fundamental commodity: energy. In order for this world to be remade into the perfect image of Ikusa Mari. The ‘perfected’ energy is much more violent, and significantly greater in quantity. In form it closely resembles fire, a clinging fire that spreads over surfaces it comes in contact with, setting them ablaze if such is possible. Since lesser Raifusaikuruenerugi are so small, their work only captures ambient energy. It's rumored that Greater Raifusaikuruenerugi can break down and corrupt matter from this world along with energy, producing flames of E=mc^3 proportions.

Name: Yowamaru - Weaken
Description: Technically an extension of Junkan, Yowamaru is the feeling of weakness (or increased exertion) that comes over shinobi in the vicinity of a Raifusaikuruenerugi. This is their personal corruption; the effect is greater the closer they are to the Flare itself.

Name: Saidai no Junkan - Maximum Cycle
Description: Under normal circumstances, the summoning shinobi's link to the Contract provides a measure of influence over the Raifusaikuruenerugi-- their energy is less likely to be corrupted, they can influence the position it takes and the direction it releases its energy, etc. However, there is always the option to initiate Saidai no Junkan, which fixes the Flare in one location and maximizes its input/output. Flares performing Saidai no Junkan have the shortest existences of all, but while they exist the word "flare" is a tremendous insult to the fires they release.

Name: Lesser Kirema [Kanshisha]

Nickname: Aella

Species: Kanmon/Kanshisha

Looks: Rift-
Spoiler:
A Kirema is really just an opening into the War Demesne.
Kanshisha-
Spoiler:

Personality: Kirema are really just gateways leading to a ‘perfected region;’ they're emotionless. Kanshisha are not-- they're paranoid and aggressive. They have a good sense of self preservation, but it takes an unusual turn-- where Kanshisha are concerned, the word "preemptive" in "preemptive strike" is pretty much redundant.
Aella in particular is an interesting case. Most Kanshisha have a strong sense of clan loyalty—near the throne of Ikusa Mari, a close-knit group is essential to survival. Aella takes that one step further, accepting the idea that other creatures can be involved in the mutually supporting collection. The successes this attitude produced for her might explain why she has no problem answering Aritomo's calls. Once here, there's almost nothing that really frightens her-- compared to where she comes from, the Forest of Death is a peaceful glade.

Age: A Lesser Kirema lasts for perhaps four seconds. A Kanshisha that comes through one can remain in the world for quite some time.

History: The first time Aritomo put enough power into a summoning to create a Kirema, Aella moved through it reflexively. When the Kanshisha came barreling out of thin air, Aritomo immediately used Kaze Katai no Jutsu in an effort to defend himself. To Aella's eyes, the pattern the chakra lines formed was a thing of beauty (a true novelty). It caused her to pause, to express a kind of curiosity. She was less afraid than usual as well-- the forest around Konoha is, after all, a generally pleasant, nonthreatening place, even for those accustomed to the ‘flawed’ conditions in a place like the land of fire. That's probably why Aritomo wasn't rigid with fear when she attacked. It's also almost certainly the reason that their subsequent battle felt more like a sparring match than a life-or-death struggle. Neither spoke. When the dust settled, they'd reached an agreement. Aella left, looking forward to her next visit. Aritomo went home to sleep. His claim that all of his wounds were from falling off a cliff was supported by the fractured ribs from where the Kanshisha's tail had bashed into his side.

Jutsus: (For Aella)

Name: Satsubatsu - Savage
Description: Kanshisha are warriors from a place where the air itself expresses hostile intent. Their desire to kill, their bloodlust, is a powerful mental force. While it will not incapacitate an experienced shinobi (Jounin), most people are nearly paralyzed in their first encounter with such a malevolent force. Techniques which heighten senses or 'read' opponents actually enhance the effect, since they allow the user to read the hunger for battle expressed in every line of a Kanshisha's form.

Name: Shunshin no Jutsu - Body Flicker Technique
Description: Kanshisha are incredibly fast. They have to be, to survive. Their agility is such that if a shinobi were to set off a senbon umbrella overhead, not only would they not be hit but they could cut every needle roughly in half before it reached the ground.

Name: Chakra Etoku - Chakra Perception
Description: Like most shinobi, Aella can see chakra. The difference is that for most shinobi outside the Uchiha clan, only incredibly powerful releases of chakra are visible. Aella's eyes are substantially more effective. How much more? She said Kaze Katai no Jutsu looked beautiful.

Name: Kamikaze - Divine Wind
Description: Aritomo and Aella learned from each other. One of the things Aella learned from watching Ari was how to concentrate chakra. She'd already instinctively developed a technique that releases a line of force along a shape of her body as it moves-- the point of a thrusting claw, the arc of a swinging tail... The new version of the technique is a concentrated arc of energy-- dangerous, but precise. It can slice through an inch and a half of tempered steel without injuring the hand of the person holding it up, or chop off a limb and instantly cauterize the wound. Yes, that was verified experimentally.
Because of the intense heat, damage occurs from "near misses." The wave is surrounded by an invisible burning aura not unlike the Korona technique.

Last edited by Cassus on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Hmmm... Is this so awful that no one wants to touch it, or are all the mods for this section taking a breather, or what? If something is confusing anyone, I'd be more than happy to explain it.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 5:02 pm

It's just rather strange. Hard to accept in the naruverse.
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:38 pm

I see your point. They don't play up time/space jutsu much in the manga (more of a Deus ex Machina than a standard technique) or in the anime I've seen. Still, it doesn't seem that you object to the balance of the technique itself. And there are some acknowledgments of alternate worlds besides space/time jutsu, such as the Reaper Death Seal or the (this forum only) forges of Jashin.

Would it be acceptable if I rephrased everything so that the Kanmon were connected to some otherwise-unreachable part of the physical world, such as a different planet or the naruverses' Australia?

Alternatively, what if I made this a supernatural-based technique, like the Reaper Death Seal, Jashinism, Ephemera, or the like? Violent paranormal entities are pretty well-accepted in the naruverse, I think Smile.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Haha, yeah, the idea as it is now is just too sci fi ish.
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Done. One more force out to rule the world just introduced, all alternate dimensions removed.
Back to top Go down
Absolute Greed.
Leaf Jounin
Leaf Jounin
Absolute Greed.

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Okay, I just need a second oppinion, but I think it's alright.
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Normally I'd wait more than a day before bumping, but my guess is that everyone who can give a second opinion sees Pat's post as the most recent and assumes this thread's been dealt with. So, in the words of Pink Floyd:
Is there anybody out there?
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 2:58 pm

I have a feeling these "summons", give you a tad too much abilities. Usually, summons have the same variable set of abilities (for example, toad oil and suiton) and the difference is in the size of the summon (Gamaken to Gamabunta).

In terms of balance, I think they are fine (although I can see how they can be used to become OP) but its just that these "summons" all have a different set of abilities, which allow you to navigate from so many different situations.
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Actually, I think the toad summons are pretty versatile. People don't realize it because only Gamabunta, Gamatatsu, and Gamakichi get much play, but if you really think about it:
Gamabunta-- Toad oil, water, kenjtusu, basic ninjutsu
Ma an Pa-- Toad oil, Sage chakra, Genjutsu
Mountain Toad-- Durability, Breathes Fire, probably does something else (like the Taijutsu technique "sit on head")

And that's just the three (well, four) of the summons from the toad contract that we see in action. Technically, the toad contract itself is more versatile than this site allows, since the summons have at least three elements (water, fire, oil).

I'm glad you like the balance. I've limited the number of techniques they have available to weaken them, but I suppose if it's important they all share an element I can add it on (combine the two Junkan techniques, use the extra slot on the second E-rank, etc).
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Actually oil is part of the Suiton element.

Although, yes, I will admit that I forgot about Ma and Pa, probably because they're quite "special" as summons. I would prefer it, that these summons share some sort of element (basically edit what you yourself suggested to do).

Could you also put in the link to the jutsu summoning app?
Back to top Go down
Cassus
Leaf Genin
Leaf Genin

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 8:19 pm

There. I've set them all up to operate explicitly with fire and wind elements, fire primary. I haven't written a jutsu application yet-- was waiting on the pets.

EDIT: Here's the contract link- https://ultimateshinobi.rpg-board.net/jutsu-applications-f5/summoning-jutsu-kanmon-contract-t2049.htm#22810
Things in it make much more sense if you've read the pet section first.
Back to top Go down
Washi
Leaf Chuunin
Leaf Chuunin
Washi

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 9:31 pm

I'll approve this then if there are no complaints.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]   Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Summon: Kanmon [Approved by Washi]
Page 1 of 1