Ultimate Shinobi : A Naruto RPG
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
We've moved locations please join us at our new location. www.ultimateshinobi.getgoo.us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JOIN WWW.ULTIMATESHINOBI.GETGOO.US

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. K
C ranked Missing-Ninja
C ranked Missing-Ninja
Mr. K

Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete] Empty
PostSubject: Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete]   Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete] EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 5:44 am

Name: Deceptive Eye
Type: Doujutsu (Eye Technique)
Element: N/A
Description: A simple technique that allows the user to user their full range of vision without visible eye movement or turning of the head. Useful for the tactically inclined as a method of surprise. A trained user can see nearly 90 degrees in either direction without showing in eye movement. By eliminating cues from the eyes opponents have a much harder time predicting attacks. This technique is a crucial part of strategy as laid out in the book of five rings.
Link: Coming Soon

Name: Two Swords, One Style
Type: Weapons
Description: A deceptively hard technique to master due to it's philosophical base. The basis of this technique is learning to wield the katana and wakizashi in either hand. This is done by training with a katana in each hand. The ultimate mastery of this technique is learning how to use available weapons in the best possible way to cut down an opponent. That means the user must be flexible to adapt to the situation, using either one handed grip, a two handed grip, or a combination of different weapons. This is one of the building blocks of sword-fencing strategy laid out in the book of five rings.

Name: Throat Stab
Type: Weapons
Description: Using a bladed weapon, most always a katana, the user learns to dodge out of the way of an incoming attack, turning to the side to reduce their profile as they make a controlled thrust for the neck of the opponent in one fluid motion. This technique requires intense control of the blade and copious amounts of practice to master. Once mastered this is one of the best ways of forestalling an opponent and is a reliable killer thanks to the lack of armor worn on the neck by most combatants. The is one of the many techniques for forestalling found within the book of five rings.

Name: Battle Cry
Type: Weapons/Taijutsu
Description: This technique is used to mislead, scare, or otherwise mess up an opponent. It also has the added effect of adding to the strength of blows. The user lets out a battle cry before a blow, after a blow, or when claiming victory. A battle cry never coincides with the actual attack. The reason that a battle cry is always before or after is that it is meant as a way to throw off an opponents timing to scare them into an action that will lead to an opening or cause hesitation. Hearing this shout from a distance is frightening and can send chills down the spine. Seeing comrades fall, or knowing that they are losing and hearing the screams of your opponent doing it can unnerve even the best warriors. Psychologically this can be crippling to a warrior. The importance of this technique is stressed in the book of five rings.

Name: Buddha's Calm
Type: Taijutsu/Weaponry
Description: In the world of the tactician it is important to never lose your cool. This is a meditative technique designed to ensure a fighter never loses his tactical edge for lack of emotional control. Many misunderstand this technique as a way to keep emotions from occurring. Rather, this technique lets you control when to let your emotions power you without becoming blinded by them. A strategic tool for any warrior, this lets them keep calm and able to control the battle and release their rage when then need a powerful cut or blow to bring down an opponent. This is one of the most important parts of strategy as laid out in the book of five rings.
Back to top Go down
Robin
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete]   Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete] EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Of course, I require the links for each of these. But I only see a few problems.

For the Doujutsu technique, Deceptive eye; You have no put a limit as to the distance on can see with this newfound eye technique. Yes it can allow you to see up to 90degrees angle of vision whilst looking forward; however, it must possess some form of a downside by either limiting the range of vision one can see or making it a limit with posts [for example 4].

Also, I believe that this Doujutsu technique must be directly related to a KKG clan of yours. So I ask, do you have a clan for which the 'Book of 5 rings' relates to. If not, well I cannot approve that technique as Doujutsus must stem directly from KKG. You can, however, have normal jutsus that help with eyes.

One more problem and that is with Battle Cry. A D ranked technique that is possible to unnerve someone like me is rather.. OP. So you must increase its rank whilst I need a description as to how a ninja technique allows you to yell with such power that it affects opponent mindset. I think just a normal yell as a battle cry would suffice; not a jutsu of sorts. But if it were to be normal, it wouldn't have the ability to unnerve strong opponents. So I don't think the Battle Cry technique should even be allowed; unless you suggest a reason against it.

Other than that, It should be...alright.
Back to top Go down
Mr. K
C ranked Missing-Ninja
C ranked Missing-Ninja
Mr. K

PostSubject: Re: Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete]   Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete] EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:22 pm

Deceptive eye is not a supernatural ability. It is a technique I made out something I took from a real book. All it is, is using peripherals, which extend to nearly 90 degrees to each side anyways, without letting your eye turn. I could narrow how far it lets you see from your peripherals. Small movements will still occur, but nothing blatant that would give away intentions.

The battle cry is also not supernatural. It doesn't make you louder then just shouting either. I am making it into a technique because people really don't understand how scary it is and how much it can throw a person off. Medically, it is known that a loud sound can cause stress on a person. It won't make a hardened warrior wet his pants, but you would be surprised what happens when blood starts flying and you begin to hear shouting and screaming.

Also note the final technique I put down would be a counter to the battle cry. It also is nothing supernatural, just a training he has to overcome such things. I've learned that if you don't apply for it, you can't have it. If it isn't listed in your profile you can't do it, hence these techniques.

And finally I will address the clan thing. My guy is born from a samurai clan with no KKG. The book of five rings is a book written by a samurai on sword fencing and tactics. So while it's not a bloodline thing, it is part of being a samurai, which he is.
Back to top Go down
Robin
S ranked Missing-Ninja
S ranked Missing-Ninja
Robin

PostSubject: Re: Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete]   Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete] EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Alright then. Get rid of every technique then if they are no point of being jutsus. Just remove them completely. No need for them whatsoever. It's either that way... or they must be jutsus which is why you posted them here which is why they should be altered to my specifications. ;D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete]   Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete] Empty

Back to top Go down

Book of Five Rings Techniques (Part 1) [Complete]
Page 1 of 1